Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 S30i

Garage List
2023 Hyunday I5  [0.00]
2020 BMW  [0.00]
'personal plates'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBullogna View Post
I used to do personalized plates that were always vehicle-specific, (actually managed to score a simple ‘SRT-8’ for my ‘12 Charger), but as time has passed, I’ve come to prefer more ‘personal’ vs ‘vehicle’ plates, especially with the costs TX charges for the term. Spouse runs a variation of TAINO on the Acura (indigenous residents of Puerto Rico), easy for him to move to future vehicles.

For the new Z4, I just ordered one that gives him a nod when he’s behind the wheel, but generic enough I won’t feel like a ‘poser’ driving it, lol. A variation of COQUI, which is the native frog of PR…..small, squat, greenish in color, and loud, (but soooo perfect to fall asleep listening too). Fits the Z4 perfect, our little frog mobile, lol.

LOVE me some Coqui Sounds Coqui Sounds
We did this when we brought back the '83 Saab 900T we bought while I was on sabbatical in Sweden. A mid-teens boy had stopped as she was getting in the car in the center of the mid-sized town we lived in, and he told her "Det ar et snygg bil (that's a nice car)!" It was going to be my wife's DD and she wanted a personalized plate with SNYGG BIL on it, but CA only allows 7 characters and SNYGBIL was already taken (who would have thunk?). So we got SNGGBIL. It was on several Saabs, then her '99 Z3, now the '20 Z4.
Appreciate 3