View Single Post
      04-19-2024, 05:24 PM   #67
sanfordrich
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhagen5842@aol.com View Post
Just ordered a 2025 M40i manual this week. While I'm keenly aware of the rapid depreciation on certainly BMW models, I anticipate the six-speed manual versions to hold their value better over time due to their exclusivity and limited availability. At 67 and retired, I am buying this car for keeps and a long period of enthusiastic ownership. This is a dream car I will be thrilled to drive for a very long time.
Congratulations! I am your age and can relate. I purchased a new 2020 M40i in July 2019. We have enjoyed driving it and you will too. I remember tracking the production and shipping all the way to the dealer in Denver. How fun it was to finally take delivery. We have not had a single problem with it either. I don't mind having the automatic transmission. It seems to fit the car well. That being said, I just found out about the new manual transmission and part of me thinks that would be even more fun to drive. I just read a review in Motor Trend and the author said the manual transmission in the BMW is implemented better than it is in the Toyota Supra. He said BMW should have had the two options from the beginning. Regardless of the transmission, it is a beautiful roadster, fun to drive and we have been really happy with it.
Appreciate 4