View Single Post
      04-19-2024, 11:07 PM   #13
Balr14
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory-2 View Post
Don't want to offend anyone about what a roadster should be but the roadster version of my Carrera 4S was AWD, The 4 being the AWD ID.

StingRay is now available with AWD. This was not shock to anyone who looked at the chassis when the C8 was introduced a few years ago.

The chassis had covers over the ports that the front wheel drive system would pass through. Also had a central tunnel to hold the batteries for the electrics.

Most of the high power roadsters from Europe have AWD versions. Quick look Audi TT, Jaguar F‑TYPE-444BHP, Jaguar F‑TYPE 75R-575BHP, MB AMG S-Class, Lamborghini Huracan EVO-Spyder. Jeep Wrangler 2 door Sport.

Nannies can be shut down but not totally eliminated in most cases. BMW performance cars can totally shutdown the AWD & go to RWD. They can also select the level of interferences on a sliding scale from 10 to 1.

Bottom line is most BMW's cannot completely shut down the nanny.

On a personal note I am most likely one of if not the only person on the forum who daily drives a very high performance car with no nanny, no power brakes, no power steering & a MT5 trans. I have to be much more careful with any inputs when driving it than i do with my Z4 or M4.

Sliding across the white line tail first is not a very good plan.
I had some insane daily drivers in my younger days, mostly because it was my only car. They were awful in the winter. I can't say I miss the excitement.
Appreciate 0