View Single Post
      06-11-2018, 08:08 PM   #1026
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Interesting hands on review on the new z4 preproduction car by Auto express:

Interesting points from this video:
- The presenter says he's seen the definitive version without camo and that it looks good/aggressive, and that we get to see it too in a few weeks!
- The presenter says the (new) electronic LSD needs some tweaking; is that a simulated cheap electronic LSD that operates by means of actuation the rear brakes, or a proper electronic LSD like the M2/M3 has with electronically actuated clutch plates? (my guess its alas the former).
- Looking at the inner layout of the car and going on the comment of the presenter that it has the normal ZF 8 speed with tweaked software, this car is definately NOT going to get a transaxle like some members here have stated. That also would have bumped the price significantly imho (which would be a bad choice for a car that has ample economic impact, having to team up with another manufacturer to get decent production numbers), and develloping a completely new transmission for a car in such small numbers is a bit far fetched too I recon; BMW is a master in using off the shelf parts from other chassis and this certainly not fits that ideology.
- The chassis setup is good, precise and sporty according to the presenter, so I guess a step away from the e89 and towards the old e85
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 06-11-2018 at 08:14 PM..
Appreciate 0