03-05-2024, 12:10 PM   #107
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin45E View Post
Given the metallic paint is “free” with the ZED package I really looked at SRG, SFR, and PB but I just kept coming back to the AW with all black trim. It’s very striking to me. I also considered the frozen colors but coming from an all black Corvette I did not want to sign up again for a high maintenance color or pay the price to protect it.
Ahh yes, the storm trooper look. I've had several AW cars including my E89. Bi-color or silver wheels help tone down the severity.

The one thing that I really liked about AW was that the non-metallic paint is much easier to touch-up. With a good sand/clear-coat/sand/polish it's almost impossible to spot the repair. You can't do that with metallic paints. Even if it's laid down even and finished properly the metallic bits in the touch-up won't match the way they laid down in the original paint. So even being flat to the touch, with the right light you can see where the repair is due to the different reflectivity of the metal.
///M TOWN20162.50