View Single Post
      07-20-2017, 10:22 AM   #588
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Not really since drop top M vehicles are very popular. The last M roadster sold well in its day for what it was (a low volume vehicle to begin with) - more so than the coupe, in fact.
You sure about that? Both the MZ4 Coupe and MZ4 Roadster sold POORLY. BMW at one point had to put a $10,000 trunk cash incentive to move both. I recall back in 2007 (just 1 year after the MZ4s went into production) there were at least a dozen MZ4s lining up in the back parking lot at the dealership that I bought my car from.

This is from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M_...2.80.932008.29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Wikipedia
Production Figures[1]
Coupes: Worldwide: 4,275; North America: 1,815.
Roadsters: Worldwide: 5,070; North America: 3,042
Worldwide production numbers only differ by about 800 units, fully accounting for the fact that the Roadsters went into production in August of 2005 as a MY 2006 model, while Coupe production didn't start until end of March time-frame. It may have sold more by 1,2xx in North America, but that probably reflected BMW's global sales strategy and allocation more than actual "popularity."
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0