BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum What did you do with or to your Z4 today?

05-10-2024, 02:55 PM   #2377
amutti
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Convertible M240i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
My dealer does a free alignment check if you arrive before 10:30 in the morning. 👍🏻
My dealer dispenses with formality of an alignment check, and just recommends one every time… even when I just got one days before at a shop that basically only does alignments. 🙊🤦🏼‍♂️
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2024, 02:57 PM   #2378
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by amutti View Post
My dealer dispenses with formality of an alignment check, and just recommends one every time… even when I just got one days before at a shop that basically only does alignments. 🙊🤦🏼‍♂️
I call dealers like that “Stealerships”. 😡
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 03:25 AM   #2379
Jan1
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
How does this work and what does it do? Do you have to mount it somewhere? Looks ... big.
I choose this power increase solution because my ECU is locked from factory. I did not want remove my ECU, send it to unlocking, after that go to remap and after all BMW will update car and all will be lost.
This procesor takes values from sensors and ECU and optimalizes it. Instalation is easy, I did it in 1 hour, wiring routing in similar position as original and procesor I instal above oil filter. Everything is very easy removable to original. As option is mobile app where you can choose 3 maps and this maps you can fine tune yourself. There is also warm up timer. I did first test run and the acceleration is feels nice. I like it. No dashboard errors, everything alse like before upgrade.
Before 100-200kmh ca 11 sec.
After 100-200kmh ca 9 sec.
Is perfect.
Here are the pictures of procesor positioning, bluetooth OBD placing and commisioning wiring.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 06:00 AM   #2380
MisanoblueZ4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by amutti View Post
Haha! I also got the “alignment lecture” from my dealer when I brought it in last year….they made it a point it was NOT covered under warranty but needed for proper tire wear….

Keep in mind I have about 16k miles on OG tires so they are about cooked.
Appreciate 1
amutti118.00
      05-11-2024, 06:23 AM   #2381
rikwynnpa
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MY25 Z4 M40i

Safelite is garbage

They almost destroyed my wife's Lexus. Their field techs are morons. They showed up without the correct trim pieces that have to be replaced to keep water out of the hatch lid. The guy argued with me that they were not needed. It was obvious that water could run right into the car. The dope argued with me that it was waterproof. I kept the car in the garage until I got my insurance company to get their money back from Safelite and the Lexus people fixed it flawlessly and it cost me nothing. Id never use Safelite again ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcasa20 View Post
That leads to an all day excursion and they outsource to the similarly crappy installers. No thanks.
P.S. Check your DM. Thanks!!
Appreciate 2
      05-11-2024, 08:53 AM   #2382
Rcasa20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan EVO Chevy Tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebirotedu View Post
At the dealer this AM getting my annual warranty maintenance service.

The pleasant intake person offered to rotate the tires and wash the car. I don’t think they see too many frozen paint Z4s ‘round these parts.
Don’t let them wash it! I had a Hellcat Redeye and at delivery the detailer thought he could buff a spot out of the matte black hood. He created a hot spot and it had to be repainted. Unless you have xpel stealth on it no way I’d let anyone other than a serious pro touch it.
Appreciate 2
ebirotedu1484.00
BmwIowa54.00
      05-11-2024, 08:55 AM   #2383
Rcasa20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikwynnpa View Post
They almost destroyed my wife's Lexus. Their field techs are morons. They showed up without the correct trim pieces that have to be replaced to keep water out of the hatch lid. The guy argued with me that they were not needed. It was obvious that water could run right into the car. The dope argued with me that it was waterproof. I kept the car in the garage until I got my insurance company to get their money back from Safelite and the Lexus people fixed it flawlessly and it cost me nothing. Id never use Safelite again ever.
Yep. I’d rather attempt to avoid it all by getting a film for the protection of the windshield from the start.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 10:50 AM   #2384
MadBullogna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Acura RDX

Today was the very first wash since ceramic coating, and boy oh boy, what a difference in ease, especially the wheels, woot!

Used RaggTopp to clean the top, and just as I moved it onto the street for the top to dry while washing our SUV next prior to applying the protectant, had this unpleasant surprise pop up….sure enough, nasty nail. Enjoy your tow baby, I’ll see you on Tuesday since they have to order the tire, (I knew the 18s would be an issue getting ‘on the spot, and sure enough, no one local, even Discount, can get one today, booo).
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-11-2024, 11:27 AM   #2385
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBullogna View Post
Today was the very first wash since ceramic coating, and boy oh boy, what a difference in ease, especially the wheels, woot!

Used RaggTopp to clean the top, and just as I moved it onto the street for the top to dry while washing our SUV next prior to applying the protectant, had this unpleasant surprise pop up….sure enough, nasty nail. Enjoy your tow baby, I’ll see you on Tuesday since they have to order the tire, (I knew the 18s would be an issue getting ‘on the spot, and sure enough, no one local, even Discount, can get one today, booo).
Ouch!

My dealer's service/ parts dept. stocks many different brands and sizes of popular name brand tires such as Michelin, Continental, etc. When you said, "no one local, even Discount, can get one today" does that include contacting the service department at your dealer or any other nearby dealers?
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2024, 12:04 PM   #2386
StanDiego
Darth ZEDer
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW Z4 sDrive3.0

Garage List
Quote:

That nail looks like it has a few miles on it.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2024, 12:32 PM   #2387
MadBullogna
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ouch!
….When you said, "no one local, even Discount, can get one today" does that include contacting the service department at your dealer or any other nearby dealers?
Yuppers. Ended up just having it taken to the dealer, (wanted to ‘establish’ some form of relationship anyway since we bought out of town, so may as well), and they have to order as well. They actually were about to order a 19, (which they didn’t have in stock either oddly)….had to tell him to go look again, they’re 18s, 🤦‍♂️.

Didn’t check with our other dealer, they’re on the south side of town, ~50 miles from us, (and our close dealer is Penske-affiliated & doesn’t play nice with the south since they’re Hendricks affiliated).

Discount could have one by Monday, but, meh, WFH so no biggie.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2024, 12:36 PM   #2388
MadBullogna
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanDiego View Post
That nail looks like it has a few miles on it.
No kidding. On the plus side, we met a neighbor a few doors down who came out when he saw the wrecker, chatted for a good 20+ mins after it left, cool guy. He’s got a lift, (actually restoring two VW beetles in his garage), and now have a go-to standing offer to use his lift in the future should we ever need…..New friend time!
Appreciate 2
      05-11-2024, 01:04 PM   #2389
Argo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:

That looks very much patchable. Why not simply do that for now?
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2024, 01:58 PM   #2390
Rcasa20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
I thought the same thing but since I’m new here I didn’t wanna get potentially ripped for suggesting. Still trying to figure this forum out. 😁
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2024, 03:36 PM   #2391
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I thought the same thing but since I’m new here I didn’t wanna get potentially ripped for suggesting. Still trying to figure this forum out. 😁
We are here to assist each other so never be afraid to post anything.

That being said, don’t have a thin hide if someone challenges or makes fun of one of your posts! 🤪
Appreciate 4
Rcasa20210.50
Argo760.00
stlcdr1025.00
      05-11-2024, 03:39 PM   #2392
Rcasa20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We are here to assist each other so never be afraid to post anything.

That being said, don’t have a thin hide if someone challenges or makes fun of one of your posts! 🤪
Outside of seeing a couple of spats between others I’ve been really impressed with the civility here!!
Appreciate 3
stlcdr1025.00
      05-11-2024, 03:55 PM   #2393
MadBullogna
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
It certainly should be, (absent a dealer of course, they always want $$, lol), but personally I had a bad experience from a plug years ago that failed at highway speed, almost ended very badly for me, so a no go option ‘for me’. ‘Maybe’ if I could find any legit shop near me to do a combo patch + plug, (even then hesitant), but doesn’t exist here. Even our local big boxes won’t do both, plugs only. I’d rather veer towards higher personal safety after that ordeal versus a $15 plug, but that’s obviously my personal beliefs & experiences, no one else’s.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2024, 03:56 PM   #2394
MadBullogna
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Outside of seeing a couple of spats between others I’ve been really impressed with the civility here!!
Very true!!! I try to stay within G29, (have caught myself getting ‘antsy’ in other subs), but here is just experiences and opinions with no drama. Love this sub. 👍
Appreciate 2
Rcasa20210.50
      05-12-2024, 04:08 AM   #2395
MADBMWX5MC
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Quote:
If this is not a RFT, the location of that nail is patchable. I would do so.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2024, 07:41 AM   #2396
RavenGX
Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 G29 M40i

Garage List
not sure if it counts as doing something to the car, but I artificially enhanced it
I'm pretty jealous of the body kit and wing
Attached Images

05-18-2024, 10:52 AM   #2397
MadBullogna
Private First Class
Rep

After getting the car back with a new tire, finally got to finish what I had planned on last weekend…..After another bath, it’s time to try out some RaggTopp protection. Fingers crossed it works as well as I’ve seen in some vids.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
Rcasa20210.50
StanDiego6302.50
Jan125.50
      05-18-2024, 11:19 AM   #2398
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
After getting the car back with a new tire, finally got to finish what I had planned on last weekend…..After another bath, it’s time to try out some RaggTopp protection. Fingers crossed it works as well as I’ve seen in some vids.
I had seen that RaggTopp product before, please give us a report after using it. 👍🏻
Appreciate 2