BMW Z4 Forums (G29) BMW Z4 (G29) General Forum Reliability

Yesterday, 08:46 PM   #23
khp3655
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 2022 s30

Garage List
2022 Z4  [8.50]
My 2022 sdrive30 is my only car. I don't really daily drive it as I can take public transport to work. I do take it out for longer trips on a regular basis and put about 1,000 miles a month on it. I haven't had any problems with it. I have all season tires on it and they are great in anything but significant snow or ice.

This is my 6th BMW. I have found once they get to be 10 years old, regardless of the miles, issues start to arise, with many related to the degradation of the plastics and annoying quirks among the electronics.

I would buy the car again, but there are other cars I'd like to try as well, especially the Lexus LC500 as lightly used versions start to come into my price range.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 03:55 AM   #24
Wynnsiensheng
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khp3655 View Post
My 2022 sdrive30 is my only car. I don't really daily drive it as I can take public transport to work. I do take it out for longer trips on a regular basis and put about 1,000 miles a month on it. I haven't had any problems with it. I have all season tires on it and they are great in anything but significant snow or ice.

This is my 6th BMW. I have found once they get to be 10 years old, regardless of the miles, issues start to arise, with many related to the degradation of the plastics and annoying quirks among the electronics.

I would buy the car again, but there are other cars I'd like to try as well, especially the Lexus LC500 as lightly used versions start to come into my price range.
I think the plastics and electronics issue is similar for most cars. At least on my Porsche 997 it was. The actual engine and body were flawless, but bits of plastic would break, the screen crazy paved, insulators on some electronic sensors would crumble. Basically anything plastic has a shelf life.

I sold it after 17 years. In some ways I regret it because I loved just looking at that car, but it became a Labour of love to keep it up and often times it would be off the road while stuff was fixed.

It didn’t help that the only dealer in Thailand is 1k km away and virtually every spare part took 3/4 weeks to come from Germany.
Appreciate 1
      Today, 06:19 AM   #25
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khp3655 View Post
IMHO, the front grill of the LC500 is as ugly as the monstrosities they put on the M3 and M4.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0