06-20-2007, 10:48 PM   #81
hensta
I see old people
United_States
Rep
Drives: too slow in my '08 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
$12k ring is freaking retarded!!! Plain and simple it's nothing but another way for a shallow guy to attempt to waggle his paycheck in public.

OR

Impress a shallow broad who NEEDS it to impress the Hens she's working for or her mildly retarded family.

Seriously $3-6k is a fantastic range. More than that and they become pretty silly and it's just a waste of money.

At the 10 year mark you can surprise her with a Holy CRAP ring...

But $12k is just plain silly and any women who just HAS TO HAVE IT, is not a women you want to be around anyway. Keep it on the more simple side, and spend the rest on the Honey moon...

If you start TOO BIG, you leave yourself in a precarious position of disappointing her by NOT out doing your last piece of jewelery.

Amen brotha,

I couldn't have said it any better. Listen, nobody goes into this thing thinking it's not going to last but 50% DO NOT. Let's think positive and say you are on the 50% that do live out the 'Til Death Do Us Part' promise. How do you top a $12k diamond at the 10 year mark? 20 year mark? 25 year mark? 50 year mark? You'll need to plunk down upwards of $25-50k for upgrades at that point for the upper milestones.

Around here pharmacists start at $110k right after the handshake. Now if she's a pharmacy tech she'll make 1/3 that amount. Not even the doctors I work with have $12k rings on their 4th digit and they're pulling in well in excess of $250-350k a year. Just a little perspective since you don't want to wake up some day saying "Oh Snap...
Appreciate 0