***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
like i said, i'm repeating what ex-coaches and ex-players like Tiki Barber who retired last year have been saying on tv this week. There's no reason for Tiki to defend the Patriots but he says this whole thing is no big deal, no surprise either. Every team has spies. The only weird thing is that the guy was using a video camera. (aka got caught red handed). The Patriots will spy again just like every other team will continue to spy. But they'll do it with binoculars so they dont leave evidence next time.

Even if I knew the signal at the huddle, why do you think teams do so many audibles at the line of scrimmage??? Defenses do audibles pre-snap, offenses call plays and right before the snap change to something else. Everyone in the world sees Peyton Manning's signals before he snaps, what are we supposed to do, look away when he's signalling???

Signals are there for everyone to see. Teams are responsible for encrypting their signals so that it can't be used by the other team. But if your team kicks ass then it really won't matter if the other team knows what's coming. They'll just ram the play down the other teams' throat anyway!

NFL rules
+1
J madden also said that stealing signals date back when he was coaching, its nothing new

This is just opening a can of worms within the NFL....every coach in the NFL does it. Belichick was just the perfect target for it with 3 superbowls within the last few years. it's just like the whole steroid deal in MLB. Its gotta start somewhere and ends somehow, so they busted him in the 1st game of the season. If you ask why the Pats and not other teams...cuz if this was on the Jets, no one would give a dawm and this thing will just continue on

this is Pownage right hurr after the win over SD Sunday night....
"Emotion flowed freely as Kraft presented the 55-year-old coach with the pigskin, and it reached a crescendo as veteran linebacker Tedy Bruschi screamed, "How do we all feel about playing for Bill Belichick?"

"Oh yeah!" the players screamed.

Oh no! most of you are now yelling at your computer screen. "

Last edited by ska///235i; 09-17-2007 at 10:31 PM..
Appreciate 0