Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcman View Post
Impressive? If they said it was within .5 sec of the GT3 I would say it's impressive. Being faster is almost unbelievable, even if it is only on one track so far. This car is less than half the price of the 911. And it's not like the track they are testing on is some really wonky setup that would overwhelmingly favor the Ford. I'm a big 911 fan but I don't see how someone looking for a weekend track toy could pass over this car and pick up a GT3 without giving it a hard look and some serious thought.
Buying a Mustang over a GT3 for track use? That's comical. Who wants a 3600lb track car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfEightyM3 View Post
Agree. Highly doubt this will be anywhere near what a GT3 can do. I'm sure the 'comparison' is more marketing hype due to the GT3's Godly status and the ultimate benchmark when it comes to trackable street cars.

Love the look and a lot of M3/4 guys are going to be crying when they see what this car is going to do it those cars at a nice chunk less money.
It's all marketing hype. Did you see the video of the Honda Type R that is as fast as an M3 around the track? All marketing. They don't release specifics on the driver or tires so it keeps everyone guessing and waiting for real tests.
Appreciate 0