DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATM3 View Post
This is the map of supercharger stations:
https://www.tesla.com/supercharger

You can plan your route through to most areas using the map. I have seen many users in the Tesla forum plan long trips across country. Once you reach a station, take a 20-30 min break for bathroom and snacks. Reserve rooms at hotels that have charging spots.
I have done a little reading on some various forums and threads about road trips. There are ev trip planners that people use. It just all seems very inconvenient, having to plan your route out and them stopping to charge for 30+mins. Some guy has a good break down of his trip from Boston to Tampa, his average charge time was 34mins with a total of 8hr50mins of charging. A 21hrs drive took almost 30hrs.

Also other question is, when the cheaper Telsa 3 arrives. Will these supercharge stations be able to handle more users? Will there be wait to use the charging stations?

Of all the people I know personally that own Telsa's, they own other cars as well. My neighbor has a Telsa, but they also have a new Range Rover and 911. When they go on road trips they pack up the Range Rover.

Ideally I think I need a hybrid, that doesn't exist yet. I want a car with about 100mile electric range for city/daily commuting, then also have ICE for extended trips. Basically a more advanced/sportier Volt, but built by Germans.
Appreciate 0