Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexlocator View Post
I shoot youth sports (my kids mostly, so nothing mission critical), and the times that we are in the gym, I am just disappointed with how the sony high ISO performs. Compared to canon, the lack of fast FE lens choices resulted in the purchase of metabones adapters to use my faster L lenses. But people may not know that with adapters, you lose some of the tracking AF features of the Sony body only available to Sony native lenses.

I am leaning towards the 1DX because, even though the indoor gym events are less frequent, I just hate dealing with the post-processing and too many OOF shots. However, I use to shoot with a 1Ds3 many years ago, but sold it due to lack of use because of its heft.

Maybe I should just flip a coin....

Thanks again dcstep
Well, I guarantee that you will not have AF problems with either body in the situation that you describe. The 5D4 is a better all 'round body. It'll be stunning for portraits, travel and kids.

I think it comes down to, how often do you shoot above ISO 6400? If it's a lot and images that you value a lot, then go with the 1D-X; otherwise, the 5D4 is the better choice. They both will produce excellent files.