12-03-2016, 10:09 PM   #36
marcva
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move Over View Post
I have about 10 track days under my belt this last year, with 2 of them being instructed and have been signed off for solo with a few organizations. I feel like I could use more instruction but don't really want to pay 1200 bucks to learn what I already know about car control and driving.

Would the 1 day M school benefit me or should i use the money toward skip barber or something else?
If you've only had two days with an instructor in the right seat, I would venture that you might still have a bit to learn about track driving and car control. How much skidpad time have you had? Have you spent any time lapping tracks in the rain? Many consider a solo badge a sign of readiness. Some schools would consider it the sign of instructors that aren't taking the time to teach. I have 100+ days and still love riding with someone picking at my work.

The BMWCCA chapters offer a great value, though they have varying levels of instructors. Some are admittedly out to get their free seat time, but there are many talented teachers out there that can teach you a ton for a few hundred bucks a day. You also have to determine if you want to get signed off to race or get geeky about driving well. They are different things, and there will be different instructors to get you down those respective paths...at least that's what I've encountered in my 20 years playing this game.
Appreciate 0