Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
since you are wont to nitpick..

1- the " kick butt" is an exaggeration of course.

2- I don't place a TON of Value in Matt Farahs opinions.. they are nice to read but... hey.. that's all. Plus.. he wasn't able to make a direct comparison of one tire to the other. Driving home with MPSS on a Ford Focus isn't the same as driving around for 30 minutes in a different make and model vehicle. hardly scientific.

The simple fact is the new tire is better...Tire Tech is simply improving by leaps and bounds over the last decade.. The Hankook RS-3 was THE hot tire for the street about 4 years ago and now it's practically totally washed up.

I wouldn't go ripping off a set of MPSS just because the 4s is available.

However.. since the 4s was compared by Michelin against the CSC6.... the test results even from Michelin show it to be just mildly superior to the CSC6.. certainly M2 buyers need not be up in arms about MPSS vs the CSC6.. yet forum posts show buyers nearly jumping off cliffs because the car is shod with contis .
I suspect the M2 have ContiSportsContact 5P. I'd be pissed with those as well, though some f8x owners appear to recently received SC6 on 437m.

Unless I misread, Michelin did have MPSS and MPS4S on same cars for comparison, but then again, I might have misread that.

Again, as grip was weakness of MPSS to even MPSS, and all independent head to head tests shows that SC6 beat MPSS in wet and dry grip, that Michelin did not post those results (only wet and dry braking where Michelin claims to win by 31 inches) I really cannot put a lot of faith in those numbers until we see independent tests not controlled by Michelin.

Last edited by Kabrich; 01-26-2017 at 07:06 PM..
Appreciate 1