View Single Post
      05-03-2017, 07:30 PM   #90
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Nm should be dropped. It was an observation as to an answer that included it for no reason.
Not according to the SAE (or the rest of the world). You're of course entitled to your own opinion but it isnt shared with the majority of people or experts.
Nm is a very much adopted system and its really easy to calculate with. And as an engineer I really benefit from that specific aspect. It makes things so much easier, which pretty much goes for all units from the metric system.
When possible I also prefer kW instead of Hp, because from a mathematical/physical pov thats also much easier and that will go on in the future as electrification of cars continue. No batterypack energy capacity is quantified in HPh (horsepower hour) but always in kWh (kilowatt hour). (as an engineer I would even prefer MJ as unit)
Here in europe its also standard to put the power output of an engine in kW on the vehicle registration and not in Hp.

Quote:
The Aussie system is different from the USA and Euro system, and pretty much everyone else.
Then what is the 'aussie system' exactly?
I cant find anything about it on google.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
rainfall162.50