View Single Post
      07-19-2017, 10:27 AM   #1959
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Thats nonsens to compare the rate of death by cars to the amount of dead people who got shot and relate this to the allowed pictures. Into some certain spaces and areas it makes sense to forbid firearms and its also not the dumbest idea to deny the sell and the ccw to some humans who are not be able to differ between this. Just saying...
I'm not sure I follow the first point - were you suggesting pictures should not be allowed? Or just that the two data points are not comparable?

I do tend to agree with your second point though - there are some extremely dumb humans out there who have no business carrying because I think they are dumb enough to use it, which means they go to jail, which means the taxpayers pay to support them, which doesn't seem fair to taxpayers. But given it is covered under the Second Amendment, not much you can do about these humans.

Plus, I think there are certain places where firearms can be prohibited - the White House for one example. No need for a firearm there by Joe Public.

On the flip side, I also understand the argument that an armed person is better able to protect him / herself against a criminal. I think the problem I would have is always second guessing myself in that circumstance as to whether I legally COULD shoot that person (if I were American) and that hesitation might be fatal to someone else or me. But certainly I agree with the point that criminals do not follow laws, therefore, outlawing guns will not prevent them from using them. So there is no point in outlawing guns.

While I enjoy using firearms, I struggle daily with whether I'd prefer to be allowed to carry up here, or keep existing laws. I really don't know which is better. Certainly when I'm out in the woods I'd feel more comfortable carrying for wildlife, but I've never had a situation where I felt uncomfortable in public or in any danger. Plus, even if I could carry, would I? I would imagine it is not always comfortable.

Anyways, I think people think you are a proponent of outlawing firearms, but I don't know that you are really saying that. And aren't you the one that asked about the possibility of getting a firearm for a few weeks while on vacation in USA and then selling it? And that you are reasonably proficient in their use?
Appreciate 0