View Single Post
      07-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #1963
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
Featureless basically means the 'changes' I made.

For a rifle to be featureless, and therefore not dangerous? and illegal unless registered as an "assault rifle" in the state (different from federal reg) it can not have the following:
1 - Adjustable Stock
2 - Flash Hider
3 - grip that you can wrap your thumb around (pistol grip)
4 - Bayonet lug (i believe)
5 - Forward Grip (vertical forward grip)
6 - Grenade/Flare Launcher

I think thats it, but I welcome corrections.

If you register your rifle as an assault weapon (BS CA term) you still need to have the bullet button (my understanding of the bs law), and you can't sell or transfer the weapon. Meaning if you die it becomes property of the state. Hopefully we can get these laws stopped, but for now, I just won't wrap my thumb around the pistol grip or adjust the stock conveniently. The muzzle break doesn't bother me a bit...but they are loud.

They don't 'think' its better, they don't think at all. They try to ban the most common rifles that we have without banning all rifles (because they can't) and we find a way to comply with the BS laws and still keep our things without being accidental felons, and then they change the laws again.

Needless to say, the actual criminals don't bother with any of this.

Ouch.

Well, in other news up here, you become an accidental felon if you happen to bring any Ruger 10/22 magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds out of your safe. The illogic behind this is that the RCMP suggest that while these magazines were designed for the rifle, they were also inherently designed to fit the pistol as well (and we have a ban on a pistol carrying more than 10 rounds).

So, in their wisdom, they declared the magazines (magazines mind you, not the actual guns) to be "prohibited devices" which means you need a prohibited license to transport (and at any rate, usually cannot use any prohibited firearms at any range in Canada anyway so there is no point, which means very few people have licences for prohibited firearms unless they were grandfathered in).

Absolute stupidity. Now everyone has to pin the magazines to 10 round max.

Lot of other stupid stuff going on too.

Does CA allow you to have fully automatic firearms? I think some states do right? Those btw, as you might have guessed, are also prohibited up here.
Appreciate 0