M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonkev View Post
every TRACK test I have seen has the M2 going AS FAST or FASTER than M4, M5 and M6. True Story.

But if straight line is your thing, get yer Dodge Demon. LMAO.
Really? I love seeing comments like this implying M2 is the king of handling while M4 is a pig that can't do shit aside from straight line racing. Most of the M owners don't even track their cars to know their handling limits. Believe it or not, many people are even afraid to fully turn off the DSC. But I guess it's easier to come here and brag about track times of the almighty M2. I'm not denying the value that M2 delivers. Of course it's pretty damn impressive for a car that is lacking almost 100hp to hang with or outperform more powerful cars. But I bet most of those who call the M4 a boat didn't even get to explore its limits on a track. I personally have more than 10 track days under my belt and try to track my car once a month. I love the handling and the power delivery of my M4 on the track. Would I like an M2? Sure, I will probably get one when they dump the N55 and put a more powerful engine that is not maxed out straight from the factory in it. At the end of the day, I don't live on a race track and straight line speed matters too, at least to me. If we go back to your original statement, I think it's now clear how some people may prefer amazing track performance and straight line speed at the same time, which M3 and M4 offers.
Appreciate 1
JTO245282.00