View Single Post
      12-10-2017, 12:47 AM   #32
CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
I'm not in the sales field, but I am in the field of medicine. Do you have anyone that you can seriously talk to about your current situation that is in the same field or something similar? I would think it would be beneficial to get another perspective on your current situation especially if they were familiar with medical device sales. It's always good to have a second set of eyes or opinion on things because they may see the situation differently or they could have the same concerns as you thus ultimately giving you more reason to either walk away from this particular job or switch careers entirely.

Networking with other people in your field could be a great way of finding out if what you're currently doing is normal and part of the job (and once you put in the time, you will be rewarded type thing) or if you really are getting screwed and only doing the cases that the other guy doesn't want to do. People within your field that you talk to could know of jobs that are closer to what you had possibly envisioned as a medical device representive. Knowing people and building working relationships is imperative. I don't think that can be overstated. Finding someone that you can talk to and bounce ideas off from your current situation to maybe a new medical device sales firm looking to hire, etc. would be ideal to help you in this predicament that you're in.

Lastly, medical sales as a whole can be a good career. If you are a good salesperson and don't mind being in an operating room with tubes hooked up to patients, blood, and seeing scalpels cut through skin then you can be very successful at medical devices sales specifically. With that said, if medical device sales isn't what you envisioned or want to do anymore, but still want to stay in medical sales then you can look into even more specific medical sales like orthopedic medical sales, etc. Pharmaceutical sales is also an alternative that you can think about. There are quite a bit of medical sales jobs that are similar in terms of involving in and around the medical field, but different enough that you may like one and not the other.

Keep your eyes open, network with others in your field, and follow what you enjoy doing, and you'll be successful.

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0