05-22-2018, 04:20 PM   #1660
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Thanks for adding these - didn’t see them when you first posted about the update. The M*50i picture is indeed making a little more sense with this news. And finally, G06 info. But I still wonder, when are they going to be caught on camera?

That engine change is going to cause some angst for those who don’t read this thread or otherwise catch wind of it and thus fail to see it coming. The jump from 465hp to 530hp is nothing to scoff at. An upgrade of that magnitude could have made the M3/M4 CS go from “meh” to . And since the engine will be available this year in the 8 Series, which the X5 and X7 will actually debut a couple months after, an explanation like “the engine wasn’t ready yet” won’t work with most folks. Clearly a shrewdly planned marketing move to keep the engine unique to the M850i for the first year. Not that I’m saying there could be nothing else holding the new engine back from earlier adoption in the other vehicles.

Speaking of all these V8 beasts, when’s the M550i going to get the upgrade?
they can call it a Competition model.... then everyone will be just fine with it.
Appreciate 1
mkoesel7525.00