rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltidef32 View Post
Sound like an Audi guy. RWD is driving perfection when you know how to drive it.

I strongly recommend track lessons for any driver. ///M Performance Driving School is money well spent for any level.
I'm definitely a BMW guy but for day to day driving I just prefer the piece of mind that comes with AWD. I will definitely do track lessons one day but until then I'm not very confident hooning around when it's wet out.

With AWD I can still corner like a jack*ss when it's wet and not fear for the unknown.
Ha ha! Corner like a jackass - I hear you. Guess I'm still a purist at heart, (ironic since I've gone electric), but RWD in the wet isn't bad in a modern BMW. The nannies are very good and it comes somewhat down to tire quality. MPSS or the newer version or an equivalent tire are a must in a proper performance sedan.

From here, performance driver training truly will change the way you approach driving in most conditions. Porsche has a winter driving school that is great also. Winter tires are a must up North, but I'm in the Deep South, so it's summer rubber full time for me. Wife has No-Seasons on the X5.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0