lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Ah, good question, I didn't think to try and figure it out myself. Now, I can't be certain, but the likely timeline is the November 2019 or March 2020 Modellpflege-Maßnahmen (update measures).
I remembered in a past update, you mentioned something about the G30:

Quote:
  • Under the same assumption, 540i, M550i, and US 530i will be re-engined in 07/19.
So maybe it could be as soon next July? That would mean that everything - 5, 7, 8, X5, X6, X7 - would have the new N63 TU3 by mid next year. Then the only unknowns left for that engine would be a possible G32 M650i model at some point, and the rumored X8 which, if it is coming (I'd give it a 99% ), is probably at least 3 or 4 years out (might even be an "H" generation product).
All the existing Vehicles with N63TU2's have to be sold to retail consumers before Sep 1 in every regulatory area where EU6c RDE and WLTP is applicable until PPF incorporation is completed and certified for sale. The US and a small number of small countries will be the only markets that can utilize them for several months (along with some other vehicle/engine combinations). Next week, staggered production suspensions begin.
Appreciate 0