View Single Post
      02-25-2019, 07:39 PM   #375
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris69 View Post
What's HMB? 2-3 times a week squatting is the reason I switched from SL 5x5 to JW 5x3x1. I am 5'10.5", 198 lb and I although I carry decent muscle mass on my legs, my upper body is nothing impressive.

With years of pounding my body with squats, ohp, deadlifts, and bench I just now listen to my body on how heavy I want to go instead of forcing myself to do heavy weights

If you don't mind throw some of your videos on YouTube. I used to follow SquatUniversity's YouTube channel to improve my squat form but haven't watched any of the new content in a while.
HMB-HydroxyMethylButyrate. Basically it protects and repairs muscle tissue. It slows muscle protein breakdown and speeds up protein synthesis. It also helps preserve the structural integrity of your muscle cells. Which for us guys over 40 is essential. It gets harder to build muscle and retain it as we get older especially if you aren’t self medicating with “sauce” or getting the prescribed stuff like Rmtt. You should definitely look into HMB, I highly recommend it!

As for Squat videos....I watched a lot of Max Aita on YouTube, I switched to his “break at the knee” method and my gains went thru the roof! Check him out. I will pm you ref my own vids.
Appreciate 0