02-26-2019, 06:07 AM   #381
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
HMB-HydroxyMethylButyrate. Basically it protects and repairs muscle tissue. It slows muscle protein breakdown and speeds up protein synthesis. It also helps preserve the structural integrity of your muscle cells. Which for us guys over 40 is essential. It gets harder to build muscle and retain it as we get older especially if you aren’t self medicating with “sauce” or getting the prescribed stuff like Rmtt. You should definitely look into HMB, I highly recommend it!

As for Squat videos....I watched a lot of Max Aita on YouTube, I switched to his “break at the knee” method and my gains went thru the roof! Check him out. I will pm you ref my own vids.
I take HMB, ZMA, and DIM. If you haven't heard of DIM, it's a very potent prostate protector that I believe any man over 40 should be on. And it's dirt cheap.

As for prescribed stuff...I won't lie... it makes a huge difference. I am hooked up with a great Doctor of Internal Medicine who is also into sports hardcore. He's only a couple of years older than me, and I have been with him 20+ years.

Besides Test..I am also on some other stuff. Some for performance, most for being proactive with my health.

Vit. B Complex Shots.

Oral Vit. D - I think everyone is deficient in this.

Injectable Glutathione - This is one of......if not in my opinion the most potent form of anti-oxidant you can take. This is the same stuff they put in people that come into the ER for alcohol poisoning. Most effective Liver Protectant there is. Orally, the gut does not absorb it.

So the next best step if you don't want injections is NAC pills which converts to Glutathione. It's a nasty smelling supplement, but extremely important as the Liver is the filter for your entire body.

Metformin - My parents are diabetic. Plus if you read any life extension forums, most of them take this product proactively. It keeps insulin resistance down as eventually, everyone would develop some type of insulin resistance if they lived long enough. The more stress you can take away from your Pancrease, the better. My A1C stays in the 4's with this.

I'm probably at the extreme side of things. I go to my doctor once a week and get my injections. The vitamin b complex and glutathione is easy as it is given through an insulin pin.

The test hurts at times though as they have to use a bigger needle.

But between these things and diet, donating blood, constant bloodwork, and working with my doctor, I think I have a pretty good thing going.

I truly believe that it elevates recovery and I know it definitely gives me an edge especially in the gym.

Plus there are other things out there that are legal, healthy, and easily attainable. Stuff that lowers cholesterol, increases cardio output by mitochondrial action in the muscle...all sorts of things. Most have already had clinical studies done, and you can find a lot of info on PubMed.

Luckily I have a good MD who talks to me about everything openly.