Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPelletier View Post
Wow, not sure how this thread got into a Z4 bash fest.

For the record;

- The Boxster does own the segment but the price is nowhere near similar to the Z4 - it's a 43% premium for the P car when I priced them both out. Frankly I think the Z4 M40i is a bargain.....is a 'vette cheaper? Maybe but I don't want a 'vette.....the same argument for value of the 'vette can be had against virtually every other sportscar on the market; yes it's a good car and it's cheap.....no reason for anyone to buy a BMW, Porsche, Audi, Maserati, Ferrari, etc. etc.....let's just all buy Corvettes! ;-)

- I prefer the soft top for my use and I think they did well to go in that direction; I don't need/want a folding hardtop with the extra weight and complexity for what is a fair weather toy in my case.

- blah, blah, blah, I like the way the Z4 looks; it's the best looking 2 seat roadster on the market IMO with the Boxster and F type rounding out the top three.....don't like it? don't buy one.

- not sure why threads on the Z4 forum need to be constantly diluted by OT blather from people who have no intention of owning one.

Cheers,
Dave
I own a G29! And leased an E89 in the past!
Appreciate 2
Joe2402925.00