View Single Post
      04-24-2020, 06:49 AM   #119
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
I haven't been inside a grocery store since February.

I did do curbside pickup once (they bring the groceries to you in the parking lot), but other than that I've been doing instacart home delivery.

Especially if your EV is equipped with a heat pump, you can run the climate control for a long, long time if the car isn't in motion.

Bonus: no chance of poisoning yourself in your garage.
Then hell has officially frozen over haha. I know I've given you crap for a few years because sometimes I don't understand your logic even though I know you're clearly knowledgeable with cars, but I can't say I saw you liking an i3 coming. It's the anti-thesis of what you normally like in cars.

I know a lot of us on these forums are clearly very attached to our cars because we've put so much time and effort into them. But the question is, if you really think you're not going to be driving for a whole 2 years, why don't you sell them? I know clearly the E46 won't be going anywhere, but if the rest of them are just rotting away in a garage?

I have that back and forth with myself all the time. I've promised myself a one in one out policy with 4 cars currently. The Tundra, E92 M3 and Z4MR are not going anywhere, which leaves my E36 M3. Not 100% sold I absolutely want to get rid of it for an i3S when they dip under $20k in a few years, but let's see. If gas goes over $4 again, I might consider it more strongly because I don't have 1 fuel efficient car.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0