View Single Post
      04-30-2020, 03:27 PM   #196
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
You are all youngsters - up to age 6, I lived with my grandparents on a small farm in rural Alberta, Canada. Granddad had cancer, and had sold all the animals and rented out the land for crops. There was no electricity, no running water, obviously no sewer system, and the nearest kid to play with was 1.5 miles away. We walked to see each other about once a week. Heat came from the kitchen wood/coal stove in the winter, it got so cold in the bedrooms there was frost on inside walls where the nail heads were. The kitchen was the only warm place in the winter.

Grandparents car was a 1928 Ford Model A, but Granddad didn't like driving. Good with a team of horses in his day. but a poor driver.

Then in 1950, I had to go to school, so moved into a small town of 600 people where we did have electricity, but still no running water or sewer.

Am I old? Chronologically, yes, but I don't feel that way (except for bad hearing).

Carry on, kids.............
Getting off your lawn.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34192.50
wcr3d460.50
UncleWede18175.50
cmyx6go15857.50