05-01-2020, 09:50 PM   #172
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I'm an environmental consultant and I am OSHA Hazadous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) trained. The reality is masks don't do crap for something like COVID 19. Appropriate and effective PPE is what I'm trained for. Medical masks are designed to keep doctors from spitting on patients while under surgery and to keep blood from shooting up their nose and mouth. They are ineffective for a virus that is transmitted via aerosol. You need an airtight mask to make it work.

The WHO has studied these things to death. They're ineffective for something like COVID 19. I'd trust them way over the CDC who is simply winging it at this point and has no science to back up their face mask recommendation.

Wearing these masks can actually increase your risk of infection because most people don't have a clue on how to handle and remove them.

It is just annoying that I'm forced to feel guilty if I don't wear one knowing they don't do squat and what I've been taught for over 20 years.
Surly gloves are viable. You know, because a micron thick sheet of latex covering your palms is most definitely an effective measure against viral droplets.

Also, I feel the same way when not wearing a mask. I was practically shunned at Publix this morning for not having a piece of fabric on my face. Call me crazy, but if I don't already have the antibodies, I'll risk getting this thing and getting it over with.

Last edited by Jordan's World; 05-01-2020 at 09:59 PM..
Appreciate 0