View Single Post
      05-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #37
par4bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

I can not wait to demo the C63. Do not see myself going for it since I am really leaning towards a coupe. If what most of the reviews are saying and my previous experience riding in AMGs are true, than it will not work for me anyway. As a daily driver, AMGs are often rough riders. This is what Wheels said about the ride quality of the C63 vs M3 and it seems to be consistent with other reviews. That is even for a car that does not handle as well. So the choice seems to be give up ride quality & handling for awesome power. Nice to have choices.

Wheel Magazine:
"Sadly, the same cannot be said of the C63, whose ride is as poor as the BMW’s is plush. Unlike the beautifully damped C-Class, the stiffer set-up and wider track of the AMG car collude to provide plenty of crashing through bumps and potholes to an uncomfortable degree. Maybe that’s to be expected in a sporting sedan but it (a) feels agricultural compared with the M3 and (b) seems at odds with the C63’s bottomless pit of torque, auto transmission and four-door body that otherwise make it a seriously good grand tourer."
Appreciate 0