View Single Post
      11-04-2020, 11:17 AM   #19
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
How many drinks were under your belt when you got your first ink?

Me: 0. Artist told me if he smelled any alcohol, we'd have to reschedule. Did I mention I'm ALLERGIC to needles?
None on any of my tattoos. As an artist, if I smelled alcohol whatsoever, there was no work being performed. Turned down a ton of work and upset a lot of people this way. Honestly, I could care less about people getting stupid tattoos while drunk, almost seems like a rite of passage to a degree. My issue was bleeding. Alcohol thins the blood. If I'm trying to lay down some clean lines, I already have to contend with not being able to see the needle as it penetrates the epidermis. Anyone ever try to write or draw and not be able to see the end of the utensil you're using? Not an easy feat. Add alcohol and the problem gets worse....way worse. Now add never-ending bleeding to the process and a person who can't sit still. Again, couldn't care less whether or not you drink or are drunk or what your decision making abilities are while inebriated; if you're so impaired that my good name will be tarnished by not being able to perform my job well.....no way. Tattooing is a business just like any other. Ruin your reputation and you might as well close up shop.
Appreciate 3