View Single Post
      12-06-2020, 09:20 PM   #23
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
RUS drove a BRILLIANT race and fully deserves the race seat next to HAM. That has been most likely proven. With 3 days notice, he matched BOT and but for a couple of anomalies, he may have won the race. The unknowns, in my view are as follows:

How would he perform on a more traditional track? This track is completely unlike anything on the current schedule.

How much better would RUS have performed in a properly fitted car, properly fitted clothing (boots) and a couple of hundred test laps? I daresay much better and would have been on pole.

How much longer will BOT have the best seat in F1 and not perform to the expected level? Wolff is his manager but this drive will no longer allow him to hide behind Wolff's metaphorical skirt. BOT stock in free-fall.

Lastly, please don't start a conspiracy theory about the tire!!!!
We can ask how would he perform at a traditional track, but he was arguably the best on a track that nobody has ever driven. I think that says even more about his racecraft. If he can be the best at the unknown, I think he can be the beat at the known tracks.
Appreciate 4
minn1914078.00
Bartledoo2691.50
Steeler2430.00