02-08-2021, 12:40 PM   #7888
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

[QUOTE=rebekahb;27210234]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Ladies, I may need some advice soon. Hell landed at casa del rey yesterday. I spent my weekend working on the girlfriends house. In return she was going to help me clean mine. (Back story: I'm anal and keep a clean home. It stresses me for it to be messy. With the lifestyle I live I have very little time to get everything done, I rarely have time to sleep.) Long story short, her stuff got done, mine did not. I mentioned that it hurt my feelings that she could stand there and watch me clean but not jump in and help. This was a green light for her to go ballistic, interrupt me and never even really let me finish what I was trying to say. She ended up leaving, came back, left again, came back again and left me with my garage door opener. It seems that her personal responsibilities are more important than mine or spending time with me. I get that people should handle their business first, and I expect that; but it seems that her "stuff" never gets done and now it's taking precedence over spending time with me. We finally got a chance to talk and have decided to try to work things out. Problem is now I'm of the mindset of do I want to continue to do this? Almost 5 year invested, but this is the 4th time she has broken up with me over trivial shit in 5 months. I'd much rather be with someone who can verbally discuss problems and work past them willingly versus going the break up route right off the bat.

The sentence I bolded, was this when you were cleaning your home after you had helped with hers? I want to make sure I have it straight before I respond.
That is correct. It was even her words that she would help me clean my house up, for helping her with her house. I will give her credit, she did ask if there is anything she could do to help, while I was emptying the dishwasher. I honestly didn't know what to say. What was I supposed to say? You can take these dishes from my hand and put them in the cabinet? I'm of the mindset that if I see someone doing something, i don't ask questions; I jump in and help.

After I was finished, she got her clothes ready for the day, then went to the couch and got on facebook after making the comment, "I'll just go in here to stay out of your way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Unfortunately, I am not qualified to give marital advice. I prefer to leave these matters to professionals who get to hear both sides of the story.
I can appreciate that. Just to clarify though, we aren't married, as for both sides of the story; I like to think I'm pretty good about giving both sides. Now I understand that viewpoints can vary; I don't discount that, but if I'm wrong, I'll admit it to whoever. I try not paint the people I care about in a negative light. I do respect your comment though.
Appreciate 1