CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Freezing rain and black ice are a bitch anywhere but the southern states just don’t do well. They aren’t used to it. And the engineering of that roadway?!?!? I remember a few years back people were stuck on the interstate in Atlanta for 24 hours due to ice a few days after I was down there for a meeting. Even up here, people are clueless to winter driving. I call these post storm days, middle lane days. My driving demeanor changes from aggressive to old lady. People don’t anticipate issues. The road gets plowed to left and right. You sometimes don’t have a full clear lane. But just this morning while I’m being grandma in the middle lane, I have an asshole in the left who insists on riding right next to me! Either blow past me or hang back. I don’t want you right next to me when you lose your lane. I hate people.
I've had so many close calls with head-ons the last two commutes right after a snow storm. I'll have to see if I can dig up some clips from my dash cam. The salt spreader on our state trucks is on the driver side. This means when the plow/salt truck goes up and down the road, the middle of the road closest to the yellow line will melt first. People will drive closer to the center of the road because the POS highway tires on their cars won't get enough traction with the messy roads. This can be really dangerous on the narrow backroads when I come around a corner and some dumbass is most of the way into my lane.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3511.50