View Single Post
      02-15-2021, 05:20 PM   #31
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
I am so the opposite. While the cars I mentioned are really fast, as most "Supercars" are, I go for what I think is visually appealing. To me, if its fast but is butt ugly I'd take a much slower car that looks better. I got shit on IG for saying "But its still a Prius" for someone that posted a LS swapped Prius I think it was. They were like "its faster than your stupid coupe," and I had to remind them that I didn't really GAF. I don't care that its a wierd sleeper and may be faster than my G37 Coupe...but my car will ALWAYS look better without question. My coupe suits my needs and is practical-ish. LOL. But everyone has their reasons for choosing a car I suppose. I go for looks to start
my criteria for an exotic are:

1) driving experience needs to be absolutely visceral (doesn't need to be the fastest but quick acceleration adds to the experience)
2) projected depreciation should be minimal or even negative
3) needs to have a sporty-spartan yet high quality interior
4) needs to sound like an exotic (difficult with many turbos turbos but expensive titanium aftermarket exhausts really help)
5) important: calculate and plan the service/maintain/repair costs
6) exterior looks: I like both supercar looks (Aventador etc.) but also more understated looks (992 Turbo S etc.)
Appreciate 1