View Single Post
      02-16-2021, 04:03 AM   #149
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Though you may have recently started watching F1, I enjoin you to go back to Sir Lewis and his career at McLaren. He was in the championship running for 4 of his 6 years there and he didn't always have the fastest car.

Never forget that at equal times in their careers, Sir Lewis has WAY more race wins, pole positions and an infinite number of WDCs compared to Max's ZERO.

Besides people FEELING that Max is a good as Sir Lewis, there is no objective information providing a rationale for that outcome. One need only look at their pole position results.

Max has 3 in 6 years. Sir Lewis has more when he was in the 6th fastest car on the grid.

Again, no comparison.
Been following F1 for a while probably longer than you think though I'm not as involved with it as you,the socialite F1 scene must be interesting to say the least,I'm just a team top and baseball cap fan.
Max has age on his side and with an ever improving car together with the now sorted engine deal and a seemingly more capable teammate it will be harder for HAM to keep a grip together with the other teams coming on song too.
No doubt all interest now is what's coming out of Milton Keynes and Brackley.
Appreciate 1