Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
We have 2 ICE and 2 Teslas.

There are pros and cons to both, and on paper it's hard to decipher how those negatives play out in the real world based on each persons use scenarios.

However as person who has lived in the city for past 30 years (8 with a Model S) and now in rural part of the country with both S and Y, there is hardly any downside that should negate owning one as your daily.

Obviously I was nervous of using a Tesla in the rural part of the country as the closest charger is 30 mins away. Now that could still be an issue if I forget to plug it in on a trip out or we get a nasty storm that cuts all the power lines.

And there is still some range anxiety on road trips even though we are littered with charging stations in Ontario. Having said that We still take the Tesla over even a 2020 Cayenne EHybrid on most trips around the Northeast up to 10hrs distance.

Regardless the one thing that is not an inconvenience is plugging it in each night. It becomes 2nd nature like opening your door to step out and more importantly every winter I'm reminded how much of a blessing it is to have this option over heading to the gas station.

Everyone who owns a Tesla in the Northeast will admit this one convenience is worth plugging in for.
Honest answer... would you own the Tesla's IF you didn't have an ICE as well?
Actually that's exactly what has happened since we moved to rural.

M2 comp is gone. Wife's Ice we got rid of half way thru covid. The other 2 Ice vehicles are at my parents property which is an hour away.

Basically for the past 4 mths its just been the Tesla.

Going forward only ICE vehicles I'm buying are sports cars, pickups and RVs now that I've realized it's totally doable and the cost savings & convenience factors are significant apples to apples.

But I also understand vehicles such as ultra luxury or large SUVs for cross country road trips, I would still gravitate towards ICE options as EVs don't offer anything in those categories yet.
Appreciate 4
jmg18879.50
Efthreeoh17486.00
GrussGott18207.50
David701567.00