View Single Post
      06-16-2021, 07:08 PM   #20
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPelletier View Post
I feel your pain; we purchased a 2021 Range Rover 4 months ago and a check engine light went on during the first week......took it in, reflashed the computer and off we went...next week, same thing. Took it back and were told the battery was fried AND since it's a 48 volt MHEV system, the battery has to come from England......take one out of another vehicle on the lot? ...sorry, we can't because they are VIN locked. Battery was supposed to be here in 1 week, then 2 weeks, then 3 weeks....we ended up getting our money back and went and bought an Audi SQ8 instead. Hopefully the Audi will be better

Dave

That is a blessing in disguise. If I had a dollar for every person that has told me their LR ended up at the service dept within 30 days of taking delivery of their brand new vehicle, I could have paid for my G29 in cash!

Well ... maybe overexaggerating a bit, however I personally know over a dozen people with this same experience ... one of my wife's colleagues bought a new RR Autobiography ... it was in/out of the shop for major powertrain issues for the first 6 months before they finally offered a buyback. You are lucky. I'm sure the SQ8 will be much more reliable and engaging!
Appreciate 1