06-26-2021, 08:36 PM   #96
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Interesting, first I have heard of this.
It looks to be a relatively new rumor so its really unknown whether it will really happen, but Lexus has been teasing an expansion of the
"F" branding. That being said I do find it interesting if Lexus is diving into the sports coupe market despite their brand image being associated with anything but sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
very interesting. I have so many questions though
- will it still be built at the subaru plant ? not exactly on par with lexus quality
- is it possible to pair a manual with a hybrid system ?
- what will it compete with ? the supra / 400z ?

I hope they succeed though.
Definitely some interesting questions.

Lexus quality definitely needs to be top notch and based on the Subaru's I've been in I'm not sure they'll offer the solid feel that most Lexus' offer.

Manual hybrids are rare but indeed possible, I know Honda's done a few (CRZ, Civic) but I doubt that Lexus will use a manual transmission in this car, which raises the question of if they will use the 6-Speed Automatic that's available for the BRZ/86.

I imagine the last question and suggestion of competitors will become true, as the car will likely gain some weight and probably be on the low end of 3,000lbs, be above 300 horsepower and likely priced around that of a Lexus RC.

A lot of unknowns at the moment, but this is definitely a car that I'm super curious about as it will be unlike any other Lexus.

Last edited by stein_325i; 06-26-2021 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 0