View Single Post
      07-26-2021, 07:31 PM   #54
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
I'm iPhone all the way. Call me a fanboy. I stood in line for the first iPhone when it was $699 "with" a 2 year AT&T contract. I've had every model since its release in 2007. Being an early adopter, back 10 years ago, afforded you to get a new phone every year, even though you were on a 2 year contract. AT&T was hooking up the early adopters. Later when Verizon finally got the iPhone, those simple things changed.

I bought the first Galaxy Note, because I was enticed by the large screen, and this was while, or shortly after Jobs passed away, before they started coming out with Plus phones. I absolutely hated it. It was like the phone was using 3 operating systems. Android was garbage, TouchWhiz was even worse, and AT&T had their junk apps on the phone. Why are there multiple programs to check your email? TouchWhiz was using the desktop wrap around email titles and Android wouldn't push mail to the phone, it had to be checked manually. not to mention I had to buy a second battery, because the first battery was dead by noon. I had it for less than a month, and returned it. Back to my 3.5" screen, and it I never looked back.

People always have something to say about Apple, how Apple customers live in their walled garden. They live in an ecosystem that actually works together. After owning nearly a dozen Windows laptops, I bought my first MacBook Air in 2013. I still use that laptop for traveling. It still has a 21 second reboot time. The windows machines, just turn into junk after 6 months. They get so fragmented, they become unusable, even after I format and start over. Android is the same way. My Honda Accord and my Civic Type R, both use Android as their stock radio software. What a flaming piece of shit. The Civic has to have the absolute worst stock radio I have ever used in a vehicle. You can literally click skip song, and count to 4 before the song changes to the next song. And if you try to be a smart ass, and click it 3 times, it just doesn't do anything. I click FM, and it tells me that I need to plug my phone in. For what? I don't have an FM tuner on my phone. I plug the phone in, and half the time it wont connect to CarPlay. I have to hard reset the radio, back to factory settings, and restart my phone. Its just absolutely the worst radio software, ever.

Appreciate 2
Hawkeye2069.50