View Single Post
      07-27-2021, 11:23 PM   #14
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Excuse? Okay, if you say so. I suppose you're one that doesn't believe mental issues exist. If you had paid any attention you would've noticed Biles wasn't performing to her level in the preliminaries. BTW, the team got a silver medal w/o her in it. Do you think a shockingly low score would've helped the "team" get a gold medal? Saying that she cost the team the gold medal for pulling out is not a strong argument. She was definitely not herself and could very well have brought them down even further if she stayed in it.

Naomi Osaka clearly has problems with her mental health. Not sure that's what led to her loss in the Olympics, but who knows? World's #1 ranked female tennis star (Barty) lost in an even earlier round.
Maybe she just wasn’t performing well bc she didn’t perform well? Why is there always an out or excuse? Oh, mental health, nothing else matters. Mental health is a thing, but just saying pressure got to you after doing it on this stage before seems disingenuous. Mental health cries seem to be a default for people experiencing normal adversity.

Real mental health issues are a serious problem but we’ve had no evidence of those until she started making excuses for a poor showing. We may never know, but it sounds like an excuse to me.
Appreciate 1
jesm207.50