Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-san View Post
I don't care how fast it is, it's not an attractive car. At all. Call me shallow, but I need to be in love with the looks of a car. And I mean when you get out of the car and look back at it and say to yourself "daaaamn, that's a good looking car!" type of love. Especially when I'm dropping $100k on it.

I still don't understand why most electric cars have to look like futuristic spaceships. Only Porsche and Audi seem to have gotten the memo that this is not a requirement.

No one is forcing anyone to get into an EV now. They're basically giving us warnings that we have to, in the future.

By that time, all of your favorite car makers you know of today, will have EV platforms. Ranging from your typical econo point A to B cars. Then you have your luxury versions, then you have your performance versions. It will be more condensed than what we know of today.

Today there are so many models, endless models with various engines, transmissions, etc.

It will be much more simple in the future. There will be no more guess work. You know what you're going to get.

An econo EV, a luxury EV, or a performance EV. Everyone will be on even playing fields in terms of commute and in motorsports.

Sounds boring but again, this is where we have to go. We have no choice.
I was watching a program on TV featuring this shop that restored and converted sports cars to EV. It was pretty darn cool.

Had an old 80's 911 fully restored but EV. I forgot how much power and torque but it was damn cool.

I was thinking there is hope for ICE style EV "performance".

Although I'm in the manual shift camp. I'm sure they can figure a way to cut power then re-engage to give the feel of gear shifts.
Appreciate 0