View Single Post
      10-14-2021, 02:14 PM   #766
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Twenty years ago, I did a year as the food critic in a monthly national motorsports magazine. It started out as a one month joke article, and quickly morphed into the most-read column in the magazine every month. Every column was about the regional foods that were offered at various event stops of the national tours, and it brought a virtual taste of being on the tour to drivers who stayed home. The whole tradition behind King Cake in New Orleans Mardi Gras is one example of a column that I did. I learned most of it at the same time!

Ever since then, I always pick to dine at places that we DON'T have at home when traveling. I want to experience the local/regional cuisine, and stopping at a roadside dive buffet is always more interesting than another burger from McDonalds.....
It's good that you find new places to eat out and it's worth going out of your way a little to find some different and special eatery where it's not the norm.
Interesting you mentioned the King Cake of NOla which I read up, a blend of coffee cake and cinnamon roll with fruit fillings and cream cheeses with a small plastic baby inside...
Hope Jane doesn't mind that we're using her breakfast thread for this
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615638.50