View Single Post
      03-18-2022, 06:32 AM   #26
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
The premise of this thread was that y'all wanted to push a button and order your car. That does not include a brick-and-mortar location at which you can try them out. Also, most of your experiences you mention are with used cars. That's never going to change, unless you trust Carvana to pay thousands over retail and then turn around and sell you a car over the Internet for a fair price. Pick any one of those . . . can't have both.

You rely on the manufacturer to replace dealers you'll get a centralized location much like airport hubs. If you live where I do, your closet "showroom" is likely to be a 4-hour round-trip visit.

I've been a JBL owner for over 60-years and their current distribution under Samsung ownership means I can't find a place to audition any current reference speaker system. Sure, I can buy all the wireless headphones I want at Best Buy, but show me where to go to see a pair of DD67000 speakers. That's what you're going to end up with if dealers don't exist or can't make a living. What you want is better dealers. I don't think you really want no dealers. I want peace in Ukraine, too, but I don't want Putin running the country.
Let’s be real. You can’t “try a car out” to the extent you actually need unless you are leasing. No one is really going to figure out the small stuff that will bug them in the long run or the driving dynamics between 8/10 and 10/10.
Appreciate 0