View Single Post
      03-27-2022, 03:32 PM   #573
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I don't think you understand the political games I'm talking about.
For instance last year RB suggested that it's not fair if a car gets taken out in a crash caused by another driver and subsequently needs a new PU or so because of that damage, it's not fair that that is penalized and is subtracted from the PU's to use in a season.

Ferrari agreed to that.
But of course Merc didnt, and lo and behold.....every team that used a merc powersource (and ONLY teams with a merc power source) didnt...

It's these kinds of politics, that pretty much take away the independance of teams, that both RB and Ferrari don't agree to, and I don't think events like this will be forgotten by RB/Ferrari/Alpine.

That is why they rather race eachother than race against Merc. as Merc is the team that tries to extend their influence across other teams beyond the service they deliver.
So what though? I’m not saying they don’t do their games but they aren’t even close to the only ones. The entire engine freeze is/was at the behest of RB who threatened to pull put of F1. Weird that a team that has never even built their own engines is asking for that. Now the even more weird situation of are they building their own or is Honda still in F1 etc etc?

You guys are the only ones that always bring up MB, even if they aren’t news. They weren’t news today except that they are down, which isn’t new. Yet you can’t resist.

Even as a RB fanboi you know this respect between RB and Ferrari (Max*/Charles) will evaporate if they stay this close all year and the inevitable incident happens. It wasn’t that long ago RB (along with MB) were going after Ferrari’s jet mode.
Appreciate 1
irunalot1518.00