View Single Post
      04-22-2022, 01:16 PM   #345
Kimchiguy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 Lexus IS500 FSP Launch Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theruleslawyer View Post
I think the IS500 is a fairly good deal price wise. Its just a very Lexus car. Sort of lazy transmission, auto only and a bit outdated feeling. I’m kinda left wonder who is this car is for.? Most of the Lexus crowd probably wouldn’t care if this were a turbo 6. Honestly a turbo 6 would give you a better performing car. So the audience probably really wants a v8.

Someone who really specifically wants a v8 probably isn’t going to be put off by dated tech, but they’re going to have more than a passing interest in performance. You can get a mustang mach 1 or a base ZL1 around the same price. Those are going to be much sharper cars even in auto.

I’d think most of the people moving from older german cars with an aversion to the newer turbos would be put off by the dated tech for a new car.

I think it’ll do fine. Its just a bit of an odd duckling.
Well turns out that I'm the type of buyer for this car. I'm not like other Lexus buyers since I feel I'm much more enthusiast driven (which is what lead me to BMW) but have accepted the more analog and less high tech experience this car provides. It really is 90% the normally aspirated V8 that makes the car what it is. This car is the definition of niche and that's fine because they won't be making many of them.
As much as I'm annoyed with waiting over 10 months and counting for my M3 xDrive, the IS500 has found a home in our household as the second vehicle that we'd likely keep long term.
Appreciate 6
stein_325i25176.00
AlexFL7849.50
ntg442891.50
arentz07247.50
nicholasn261.00