View Single Post
      10-17-2022, 07:10 AM   #54
hoki06
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
My only problem with the 2023 trucks, is they have taken so many features out of them at this point, while raising the prices, that even with a good discount on MSRP, you are still getting screwed.

For example, when i ordered my F150 Lariat in Feb the MSRP was 67k. When it was finally delivered in August, MSRP was 73k, and some of the features had been deleted. When i just went to build a 23 on ford's site, the price was up to 75k, and it has less standard features than my 22 has.

My recommendation would be try to find an early 22 build. You'll at least get everything in the truck you should have gotten.

I predict that in 5 years down the road, a lot of these feature deleted trucks that people paid inflated MSRPs for, are gonna have terrible resale value. The fact that Ford deleted Nav and XM on F150s under a fully loaded Lariat, and are still charging upper 60s/low 70s for them is mind boggling. Its 2022, even if you use android auto/apple carplay for music and nav, every car should have those features like they all did 10 years ago.
I was aware things were deleted but admit I haven't fully researched yet since we're still at least 6-8 months away. I know auto start/stop has been deleted because it shows on the window stickers and honestly, I prefer them without that feature. I looked up the nav stuff you mentioned, that's significant and would keep me from purchasing one with that deleted, new or used.

I guess we'll see how things are in spring 2023. If features are still being deleted and no real pricing incentives return, i'll likely look at 2020 or 2021 low mileage used.
Appreciate 1
chassis6690.50