View Single Post
      07-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #21
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling_singh View Post
oh of course it would most likely be a refurb.....but that's not a problem when the range of products doesn't have a critical flaw. There is usually a window of tolerance for poorly produced units...some are caught, some aren't until it is in the consumer's hands.Even then, when a refurb is sent out it is usually better backed product as it goes through much more rigorous testing to make sure it's up to spec.

The problem is that you can't really do that with the 360 when the problem is so pervasive and so critical. You can patch the problem as much as you want, but the critical flaw persists. Whether they're testing the refurbs before shiping out is anyone's guess.....I know someone who's refurb redringed within 5 minutes.

The critical failure of the 360 is something that warrants a recall. The problem wasn't in manufacturing, it was in design. No manufacturing process can escape that. What completely turned me off from buying the 360 were reports that MS knew about the RROD problem but decided to ship out the console anyway. If the report is false, then one must assume that MS did absolutely no testing at all. Either way they would let the marketplace sort it out, and that's a pretty disgusting business model.

Gah. Good luck with your next unit in any case man.
The thing is though with Apple, when they send you a refurb unit, they make it like new again. Replace any damage to casing, etc. But, apparently a much larger company doesn't and even though there is a better design out now, they still put the problematic parts in the refurbs and call it a day. That is disgusting and if this was the car industry, it would kill the car manufacture with all the lawsuits.
Appreciate 0