View Single Post
      12-01-2022, 12:05 AM   #58
LoneStar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20,G29

Nürburgring is not my daily driving profile and amazing tracktimes on one hand could also mean less involving driving on common roads because the limits are so far. The setup is just too „good“ for it.

The limits of the M240i are far closer but you know what? It is really fun to drive. But with 1750 kg real weigth just to heavy for a tiny fun car.

So I had already a M40i and was not convinced. One big complaint was the heavy and unresponsive steering out of the center the other one the too settled drive feeling. Unfortunately the 30i steering is not better at all, miles away from the variable steering of the M240i but coding it ligther may enhance it significantly (I did the same with an E60 once and it was very well).

But the car feels ligther, put 70kg of concrete in the front of an 30i and you know what I mean. It is definitly not less, with the same equippment it is around that, with standard it is far more than 100kg. The turbo R6 is a heavy one, not comparable to the light N52 3.0 engine which I liked very much.

So I was happy owning a M40i and know let‘s try anything else;-)

Last edited by LoneStar; 12-01-2022 at 12:42 AM..
Appreciate 1