View Single Post
      06-01-2023, 04:29 PM   #1
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

i recently picked up an EGO 650 on sale. i've been wanting to use an electric blower for a few years as a drying aid and decided that the EGO lineup was a nice off the shelf solution with a few stubby nozzles options. so which stubby is better? does it even matter or make a difference? likely not but here's my thought comparing two popular stubbies:

Stubby Nozzle Co:
i initially set out thinking this was it! the best solution for stubbies! after all, wasn't it the original? overall, i'm a bit disappointed at the quality. maybe that's because it's 3d printed and there's always imperfections with this type of printing.
good:
i like the shape and shortness of it.
simple design and smooth interior barrel.
soft silicone band to prevent accidental dents/ scratches when drying
fit securely, not gonna fly off
bad:
quality just lacked with too many printed imperfections. i returned two nozzles due to this and the third still had me 🤔.
difficult to detach if you want to use the other EGO attachments.

Amazon Stocky Nozzle:
my initial reaction was that it looks just like the stock nozzle just short. it comes with two silicone bands for the tip. one is thinner and comes preinstalled. the second tip band fits over the preinstalled for extra protection? quality was good and weighed about the same as the Stubby Nozzle. overall, it's about 3/4" longer.
good:
stock design and attaches using the same button type mechanism making it easy to detach
basically looks like it came from EGO!
fits securely, not gonna fly off
two soft silicone bands included
has a smooth interior barrel once fitted to the blower
bad:
not made in the USA? if that's a bad thing?
a tad longer if you are looking for something really short.

my vote goes to the Amazon Stocky Nozzle. the overall fit and finish is why i'm keeping this one. if Stubby Nozzle had a better finish i honestly wouldn't have even entertained the Amazon Stocky.

i looked at but didn't purchase the Apexaire (sold at OG). $60-80 for a blower nozzle is fuckin ridiculous and when i looked at pictures and measurements of it all i didn't see anything that made it even slightly better than the Amazon Stocky Nozzle.
Attached Images